Monday, June 10, 2013

Monday night, 7:48 and all is very well...

Went to Pastor Omer's home and was able to get more electrical work done. Thanks to Kip and Claire Rodriguez for sending me my tester. I think it may have saved my life, haha..A big thank you to my sister Judy and her husband Steve for sending me enough money to buy all the electrical supplies for this project. Just one or 2 more small details and then we can finish plastering the walls.

Peggy took some photos of a neighbor next to Pastor, at their request, and had them printed. They love seeing pictures of their family and we loved printing them as a gift. It is one small step in building relations with these people and they truly appreciate it.

It was "Christmas in Senegal" as Peggy received her package from Rosalie and Pat and was she excited. Besides craft items for the center, there was dried fruits and oatmeal and flour (hopefully I get some baked goods out of this). Peggy said "Now I can eat my cereal" since she had run out of her cereal with fruit in it.  Also a big can of dried vegetable soup mix,,,can't wait....

We may leave for Dakar earlier than planned and will be gone at least till next Tuesday. I am taking my computer so I should be able to blog while there...hope so..

Just a few pictures tonight of the school and my electrical project and random neighborhood shots.

Love to all;

Thanks to all for prayers,,,God is definitely blessing us beyond measure.

Ken and Peggy
 Neat and organized thanks to the new wall hooks
 Another "Wire to nowhere" hidden somewhere in the wall
 Electrical "conduit",  in the US it would be called plastic water pipe
 Daughter of another  St. Louis missionary who attends the school, the girl on the left
 Water break at recess
 Neighbor family we took photos of and will deliver the prints tomorrow
 Pastor's older daughter cutting  up vegetables for lunch,,,she looked like a Bennihana chef the way she handled that knife
 Care package from home,
Finally she can eat her cereal, yum yum dried fruits 

No comments:

Post a Comment