Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday morning, 5:00 and I hear Muslim chanting and singing.

Here is a recap from my last blog concerning the broken washing machine.
The fuse was blown for a reason, the control panel had a varistor (a very small inexpensive electronic part) that had gone bad. Now if I were home, I would order a new one, put it in and be done. But since I am not, I went online to find parts for this washer. Dead end all the way around. Found NOTHING online about this machine. So, I took out the control panel and took it to Missionary Bryan and he said, "Sure, I have a guy that can fix that". Now imagine, in Africa there is a little man in his little shop with electronic parts that can fix this thing. Sure enough, Bryan  brought the panel back yesterday and I put it back in and it is fixed. I failed to mention, this part is not intended to be replaceable by the manufacturer but the man did it. Praise the Lord for miracles....

We had our Thursday meal at Bryan and Laura's house and it was delicious, again. Bryan gave a devotion on Lot and he pointed out that Lot's lifestyle went from living with Abraham, living outside Sodom, living in Sodom, sitting in the gates in Sodom. So when Lot tried to warn his in-laws about the destruction that was coming, they thought he was joking. Why, because Lot's lifestyle had changed and his testimony had become unbelievable, because Lot had become as the Sodomites.
We have to be careful that our testimony and our lifestyle stay consistent with our actions and who we claim to be.

Last night, we had another enjoyable night at Laura's conversational English class. Our subject was "directions" and we had to help explain how to give directions in English. Think about it, in our culture we say "go down the road or go up the road" both meaning the same thing. Then we talked about reading a map, north south east west, right left backward forward....get the picture. I think my group did great.

Well, another beautiful cool day is dawning. Can't wait to see what is in store for us today.

Love and thanks for all your prayers,

Ken and Peggy



No comments:

Post a Comment