Tuesday, June 25, 2013


June 25, 2013

One month from tomorrow we will be leaving Dakar headed back to US...... our time here has
been incredible.

Today we headed to the Atlantic Old Market with Nelson and Mytia to get some eggs, and get their clothes for the school party tomorrow afternoon.   Nelson helped me buy 30 eggs.... sounds like a lot
but we will take some to the Village and eggs here are not refrigerated so they should travel ok.
We were expecting mail and so we went with Nelson to get mail and they let us in and got our package, without a key or Amy.    Texted Amy and told her and she said:  "Do you have Bryan's key?" and my reply was..... no I have Nelson..... this guy is like "magic".

I have met a gentleman that cleans the streets here in St. Louis that I have a fun relationship with, as we speak ea. day I see him and he reminds me of my grandpa from LA.   Sweet man, hard worker and really smiles each time we shake hands and talk (limited of course).   Peggy got our picture today and yesterday we gave him a  7 up as it was so HOT out and today we gave him our ice water, wow
that sure put a SMILE on his face.   So appreciative with such small things.

Then we went to visit DouDOU and he was happy to see us and then on to the hardware friend, Pap
and we took him a  7 up and he just thanked and thanked us,  this is truly a treat for them as most of them just drink nescafe.

Peggy went with Amy to find some material for a project but came back empty-handed !   Not good for 2 girls out shopping.  

Tomorrow after the center we will be attending the A/G end of school party and there will be pictures to follow,  Amy is going as school photographer...haha  but truly she does take great photos.

If you could have been a "fly-on-the-wall" today to see the MESS ( I do mean MESS) that Peggy created in less than 10 min. in the kitchen !!!!  Only her !    I'm working on a guitar for the Pastor in the living area and Peggy comes in and says:  "don't  get mad... just please come help me.. I really need help"    I go into the kitchen and there is POPCORN  EVERYWHERE !!!  Floor, counter, pan, under the counter in the egg carton.... everywhere !!!  She was supposed to pop 5 bags of popcorn for the school party and I thought she could handle that on her own..... WRONG !!!!   She had let it cool for only  5 min. and then put it in a black, clean garbage bag to transport and it burned a hole in the bag and she picked it up and there it went !!!!   So I start sweeping, eating and picking up popcorn and in walks Amy.... she laughed and said "WOW .. what happened".....  How do you explain something like that ???    Like I always say:   "She cannot be left unsupervised" 
She was successful in getting it all done and no fires   PTL for that !

Never a  DULL  Moment with Peggy !

GOD BLESS
Ken     Popcorn Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment